Skip to main content

To DINK or not


Now that I have seen both sides of it, let me throw some light on this.

There was a time when I liked only some chosen cute kids. I used to hate most of them. I had the believe that giving birth is cruel as its your choice and you don’t know if the soul wants the life, which might be injustice. And life with just the two of us and just money building, travelling and good lifestyle was too hard to let go. Honestly I never understood the term "Bundle of Joy"!

Life post parenthood is undoubtedly challenging.

1)      Your time management needs to be excellent to manage everything. For sure motherhood brings in unimaginable capabilities. But life becomes hectic.

2)      If family support is not there, then n number of logistics need to be planned to make things work out safely. Logistics is an everyday issue. And life requires meticulous planning.
But then there must be a reason why everyone ends up having a family. So I got deciphering the need for kids:

1)      When we get old and don’t have our parents as “family”, it will be lonely.

2)      But still how can I contradict the fact that it’s still cruel? So I read Bhagavat Geeta and got the answer. The souls will anyways take birth to get purified and exit the life cycle. So maybe I can give a good quality life to one J .

3)      Life needs some variation all the time. After a point even travelling, job roles, lifestyle, making house and cars get boring.

4)      One must have all generation touch points to make sure you are not out of sync with some latest in-thing. Weird but true driver.
So there we went and had our lil one. And let me tell you few key facts of it:

1)      Its b***** difficult. It’s just the two of us and I not only joined back office in 3 months but also shifted job when he was 5 months. I again did another shift when he was 15 months old. Which meant no leaves and a lot of work pressure.  But as I said motherhood brings in amazing qualities in you – patience, physical & mental strength and alertness. You just know you got to make things work out and you will.

2)      Fatherhood is as important as motherhood and we do share it just equally (except the breastfeeding bit of it).

3)      I have decoded the reason behind the “joy”. 

              a)    You get to relive your childhood. Child with money and independence. You get the deal? 

               b)      And there’s love all around. So much love, love and just love! What’s life without purest love?

               c)    That unique discovery of someone which is you but yet not you!

5)      There is hardly anything you can’t do once you have a kid. He has been to Coldplay concert with us, been to HRC, movies etc. etc. He has been travelling on flights since he was 18 days old and he has done n number of journeys both domestic and international. Recently we went to Italy and it was the best vacations we had ever had. Vacations with him are always full of fun. Honestly.

6)      Well probably the only things we have missed are attending classical concerts and plays.

7)      The best beauty of having a kid (apart from the fact that it’s so much fun), is that it feels so good to have one more life in your family. I now feel I should have 10 kids (had I the means of it). The fact that death is not in our hand but making life is! And it’s so beautiful.

8)      Sometimes, only sometimes when I see DINKs, I have a tiny winy jealousy as they get to have so much time!

9)      But I still read books, listen to music, do full time work (am in consulting – if you know what I mean), serve weekend guests with 4 course meals, go for movies and dance with my son. And we neither have a nanny, nor family support!

So life’s good with kids. The more the merrier, I believe now. And I have started loving kids. I know mostly all kids in my society. Incredible feat I would say!



[P.S. Contemplating why I wrote this. Am sure no one was waiting for my gyan. It looks so much like my ppts- with a background, trends and drivers, facts/use cases and conclusion. Only that its free]

Comments

Mamma excellent description ....you know I am very much fond of travelling and used to read every sunday's Statesman's travel page ,and when I was reading your blog it seems to me I am reading one of the article of this news paper. God bless you...wish you can fulfill all your dreams ,
Mamma yes it is very hard to maintain parenthood ,but you managed it nicely though you did not get family support but got a nice caring husband and father.God bless you and enjoy your family fully .

Popular posts from this blog

Life as a w?hole......

There's a hole in my soul .. You 'can't' see it on my face,'but' it's a real big place.... Never could I percieve that living life would go out of my plans, would even mean that it can just go 'outbound'...It's feeling something like I am going round and round without my knowledge and the centrifugal force is just causing my life to fly away but it can't...and the net result is causing damn stagnancy..... 24 yrs of life and 1 yr of happiness... Don't I deserve better results? Results of my goodness? Of my hopes ? My wishes? Plans I did make . Hopes I did have . Failed to make out fledgility in the luck front! Alas! The monotony is getting high. Dunno what to do to get out of this frustration. All through one's life one dreams of a stable job, a happy family, all set n settled at its place... n even when I have the first condition true[only though, but still at least something n many of you might well understand that this itself is cl

Kar Salaam....

Then there was life in a Metro...and to be precise, everything was available...and you know how confused one gets if so much is there in front of you and you "think" you don't have time... There is love, success, duty; ego n class to maintain; fun,money n love to make; luxury to do,friends n family to have,dreams to achieve and all in just a lifetime. Yeah, and it's not a morning walk..it is a race. And the moments just fly by.... Hats off to Anurag Basu to make it so well crafted and capture it all.So be it chauvanism, coupling of buffoonism and intelligence, coupling of sacrifice and self-indulgence,loneliness in a crowd , unpredictibilty, happy-go-lucky creatures, losers, achievers, finders(!!....hope u guys can map it all) ,this big a combo can only be possble in a Metro... And the songs...Band Metro is awesome, they just made the perfect framework...maybe the songs put one after the another could say it all... "kyun zindagi se ho shikava gila yeh hasti hai r

Go West

Saw Bazaar and Serendipity back to back. You would understand what I mean if you have seen both. Bazaar is an extraordinary movie, portraying Indian methodology of treating women for love and marriage in larger parts of India. Serendipity talks about believing in destiny for finding and falling in love … Its so ironic that even holding up so many correct ways of leading life, Indian methods still and still falter in such critical issues….and its probably not only related to poverty…Bazaar shows both the poverty driven problems of treating girls and otherwise. Girls are either bought or sold in the wedding process still in larger uneducated parts of India…and from what I hear, in educated classes as well.  Don’t know what shall resolve this deep rooted mindset of treating women? Is it money, education or something else? I believe the institution of arranged marriage system is the cause. It creates more problems than solutions…. It has created this wrong mindset in people and wr